Wednesday 24 April 2019

Will learn to be projectless


There was a bitter cold north wind this morning as we left the house to pick up a few groceries and get some much-needed exercise.  In these conditions an amble through town was not an option so we set off at a brisk pace to keep warm.

While Paul did dishes prior to our walk I cleaned out one of the two catch-all
drawers in our kitchen.

Our first stop was at the library to return magazines from yesterday.  I took out four cooking magazines to see what might inspire me and well you guessed it all I was inspired by the dessert so back they go. 


Library

While checking out I noticed the free colouring pages so I picked up two and will send they out west with my next “letters from Great Aunt Marjorie”.  

Inspired to put packages together for these two small children, our next stop was the local paper supply store where we found free local post cards.


When things are in a cart you do not notice just how heavy they are.
Our grocery shopping scored us two, too heavy bags which would challenge our walk home however that could wait until later as coffee and a bit of a read was next of the agenda.


We enjoy our time sitting with a hot cup of coffee.
Upon leaving McDonald’s the sun was out and bird song could be heard.  The temperature began to rise, the north wind stopped blowing and soon we were over dressed – what a change in just 90 minutes. 

Grocery bag worn like a backpack

Heavy loads mean sometimes you sit down in the sun.
Spring continues to assert itself despite cool weather and what seems like a real lack of sunny days.


Buttered Chicken is one of our favourite meals and we enjoyed it thoroughly today.



In the late afternoon we took our granddaughter ridding as we do each Wednesday.

Horse and rider are learning to communicate.

Ramblings of a Mennonite Grandmother

As a retirement gift I was given “Meditation for women who do too much” by Anne Wilson Schaef.  This is a short easy daily read and a book that I intended to read in Myrtle Beach however there never seemed time to do so. 

Yesterday as I clean up boxed in my craft room, I came across the book and put it beside my pink rocking chair.  

Today as we rested after our walk, I picked it up and read today’s mediation “Being Projectless” -  insight tapped in on the shoulder again.

I am never projectless because I am notorious for starting and 75% completing projects before starting another one, and when I do complete a project (these are more often gifts for other people) and I do not take the time to celebrate the accomplishment of a project enjoyed and well made.  I immediately move into “Will they like, does it fit, they hate it right! ” and I start something new.

My worth clearly being attached to either the possibility of the completion of a new project or value of completed projects to other people.

Anne Wilson Sachaef talks about taking time to celebrate the completion of projects, to acknowledge an inevitable sense of disappointment that it done and moving out of your life – a task completed well done and now over!  


"Being projectless and being worthless are not synonymous"
 ~ Anne Wilson Schaef 

Grandma Snyder

©2013-2019 twosnydergirls

1 comment:

our awesome travels said...

Sounds like a very nice day though a bit cool the fresh air and exercise are what we all need. You dinner looked quite tasty too.