Monday 29 April 2019

Laughter Lightens the Load


April 28, 2019

One of the things that I appreciate the most about our small Mennonite congregation is that we love to laugh, and sermons frequently include times of laughter.  

Enjoying the pulpit exchange sermon.
 We do not read about Christ laughing in the Bible, yet I am convinced that mirth and laughter are a huge part of what Heaven will hold.  And that Christ has the most amazing laugh!  One of the many things I look forward to.

Enjoying the sunshine.
 Whenever a baby is welcomed into our family as an Auntie, I look forward to that first video of the infant laughing and my second favourite is hearing their voice for the first time.  

Those sound are as welcome and heart warming to me as the beautiful sunshine we had on Sunday.

A quick trip to Kitchener

One of things that I am learning to appreciate about retirement is the unexpected.  On Sunday we learned that our taxes were completed and ready to be picked up.  Our day had two planned events Yoga and a birthday party, all of the other activities that would have been a must when working could now be put off until tomorrow.

Having a wonderful meal as we celebrated our daughters birthday.
I don’t know about your family, mine loves to laugh and anytime we gather laughing is a large part of what we do.  You cannot take yourself too seriously in this family – we celebrate everything especially the funny stuff.

April 29, 2019 

Indulged in a morning walk, coffee and time with my
journal.
 
No milk in the house this morning so off to McDonald’s we walked where we indulged in a bagel, coffee and some time writing, drawing and reading the paper.

Took the back roads into Creemore such a beautiful drive.

Today I met up with a very old and not often seen friend the half way point was in Creemore Ontario.  Not having to rush I was able to take the back roads and such a beautiful drive as the road twisted down into the valley.

Lunch with a friend at the Pub in Creemore.
Laughter again was one of the highlights of our time together.  Good friends are not always people you see all the time, they are people who understand you and who you understand.  Thus it was that at times our laughter, at what some would call inappropriate conversation for hilarity, had us disrupting the other diners around us and we did not care!

Spring waterways are full and at some points overflowing.
 The drive home was delightful as I took yet another route.

Beautiful old homes dotted the drive home.

One of the beautiful building I pasted on my drive today

Spending time in silence remembering
and missing a friend long since pasted from this world.
 It has become a spring tradition for me to visit the grave of a young man who left this life too soon and had a large impact on me.  As I approached the cemetery I knew I would stop and spend time in remembering.  

Laughter is what I remembered today.  He had an infectious laugh and a very “British” like sense of humour.  Even in his last days knowing his life was not counted by weeks but by days he brought us to joyful laughter and tears as we ordered everything on the Dairy Queen menu that he wanted one last taste of.

Not complaining - around 5:30 toonie sized snowflakes
started to fall (really?!?!)

The semi formal dress is taking shape!
 Our youngest granddaughter was over tonight.  She worked at refining her straight stitching, uncomplainingly resewing seams where her lines of stitching were too wonky for her semi formal dress.
Red velvet cupcakes were baked today by our granddaughter
and she is taking all but 4 with her because they are so good.  

She has just left with Grandpa to go home and she only left us 4 cupcakes to share with her cousin and Uncle tomorrow night.  She does not know what she wants to make next Monday any suggestion?  If you do leave them in the comment section.

Grandma Snyder
©2013-2019 twosnydergirls

4 comments:

Martine McQuade said...

Scones. Scones and a cup of tea are always so good!

our awesome travels said...

No ideas , I am sure whatever she makes will be wonderful .
Laughter is the best medicine.

Grandma Snyder said...

Where I can find a great recipe please

Grandma Snyder said...

Grandpa loves oatmeal raisin so if no other suggestions get her baking juices flowing that is what it will be.