Saturday 27 April 2019

A Cookie Kind Of Day.


So yesterday I complained about the cool cloudy weather, little did I know that we would wake this morning to snow, and I am not going to complain two days in row that would just be rude.

Snow

Not just a dusting of snow there was enough that we had to clean the front window of the car before we left for Saturday morning breakfast.

Snow

Why breakfast out?  

We do not have a coffee maker as an incentive to walk for coffee in the morning and I am not walking in snow! (Not complaining much)

Morning coffee

I am a maker because only a maker would have a craft in their bag to do while you wait for your breakfast.  Here I am fussy cutting paper to go into junk journals.


I started this post stating that it was a cookie kind of day it was also a hot drink kind of day and you need a cookie – it is a must right?!


Grandma’s cookie jar is full again.


After the cookies were finished we took a few things over to the Salvation Army and while there Paul found this wooden tray and he is going to put braces on it to go over the wheel cover of our Rpod to hold morning coffee when we are camping


I finished making up my pen pal parcels for Lucas and Clara and just as I finished they video called to show me that their Easter packages arrived.  Canada Post delivered them to the neighbour’s home and they just got around to getting them to the children.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

(I found this recipe in my mother's recipe book)
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
  • (next time we make these we will add 1 cup of raisins)
Directions:
  1. in a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt mix well
  2. in a large bowl beat together sugar, butter until fluffy
  3. blend in eggs and vanilla
  4. add flour mix well
  5. add oats mix well
  6. add chocolate chips and stir in
  7. drop cookie dough onto greased cookie sheets
  8. bake at 350 for 10 -12 minutes 
We hope you enjoy both this post and the cookies.

Grandma Snyder
©2013-2019 twosnydergirls



2 comments:

our awesome travels said...

No coffee maker? Oh my, we get up before 5 am and am not going walking in the dark looking for coffee. By the time the sun aims up we have had a pot of coffee consumed , then go for a walk. LOL
Your cookies look wonderful.

Grandma Snyder said...

I know I really want one that I can use on our induction burner and gas one for home and camper