Thursday 14 February 2019

Myrtle Beach February 14, 2019 Meditating on the sky

Valentine Day breakfast in Murrells Inlet

The Dead Dog Salon has an amazing breakfast
with views of the inlet and the glorious sunshine.

Once back at the campground we spent 2 hours sitting on
the beach reading, crocheting and watching the dogs on
the beach.

They do have fun.

Size does not matter everyone has fun.

Our view to the State Park Pier

Pelican lazily floating.


35 years living a life driven by a purpose external to who I am - a job. 

I am finding the circumstance of retirement surreal as I gazed into a soft blue sky feathered with white clouds that my new purpose will be the most important one of my life, my purpose is to see me and set the course of my actions for this the final stage of life - to end my life knowing I have lived it well.


I say this with out regret as I believe that this life is part of the continuum of existence that extends beyond human death. 

The questions that consumed me today were not about I want to do in the next 20+ years left to me, they were about what in living this life I will leave for my grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great great grandchildren - the people who will come after me. 


I think it is important that in this the last saga of my life that I work hard to ensure that the world around me knows joy, is less focused on things and that for the planet I leave it healthier through my existence. 

I have no idea what any of this means and on this beautiful sunny day as I look up at the sky, first from my vantage point on the beach and then through the window of our trailer as we relax for an afternoon nap my goal is to know me and how I interact with the world around me.

And we ended our day with a 1/2 price banana split we
are really going to miss these when we get home.

Today is the half way mark for this wonder adventure we are on.

Grandma Snyder
©2013-2019 twosnydergirls










2 comments:

our awesome travels said...

Love the food and views at the Dead Dog, and a relaxing days enjoying the good life.
Retirement sure is a wonderful way to wind down the busy lifestyles we had for so many years. And watch our children and grandchildren grow and learn.

Grandma Snyder said...

It is I am missing my children and grandchildren. The decision to travel the first three months of my retirement has unintended consequences. The grandchildren are just going to have to put up with seeing the Grandma and Grandpa a great deal come April. LOL