We have walked by yucca root in our local grocery store for over a year now without giving it a second glance until we came upon one on the floor having rolled off the shelve.
After a brief discussion and a bite of googling we decided to purchase one root and make fry it like French Fried potatoes. However once home we stumbled upon recipes for Cassava Cake and changed our culinary direction.
Here is our version of Cassava Cake we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 cups grated yucca/cassava
- 2 1/2 cups liquid 1 can coconut milk 1 can condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups grated coconut 1/2 used in batter the other sprinkles on top
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients together keeping out 1 cup of coconut
- Pour into a cake pan lined with a parchment paper sling
- Bake at 375 degrees F for one hour or until knife inserted comes out clean
- This is important let cool at least one hour before eating
From Our Table to Yours