Merry Christmas and all the Best of New Year to You and Those You Love
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for following us over the past two years.
Christmas Day marks the beginning of our third year of blogging. Grandparents & Grandchildren has evolved over the past three years from it’s beginnings as a platform for our granddaughters to share with you the adventures with their Maplelea Dolls, to a grandparent life style blog with six main features:
- Mindful Monday - short quotes and insights to consider
- Wordless Wednesday - a series of original photograph on a specific topic
- Foodie Friday - a recipe from our table to yours
- Spiritual Sunday - this follows the Mennonite lectionary series and are words meant to bring joy and spiritual contemplation
- 5 Minutes of My Day - a daily photo journal and
- Weekly Photo Project - a google+ photographic group that we belong to
In addition, we post crafts, gardening, and (grand)parenting insight posts that feature our adventures with our grandchildren and children.
In the coming year our two granddaughter Emily and Ruth want to have a more active role in the blog and to accommodate this we will be hosting blogs that feature their photograph, a monthly blog challenge where we will re-purpose an article of old clothing into clothing for their Maplelea’s or themselves and original stories that the girls write.
We will also be bringing back the monthly post Women of History as many of you have requested this and I will continue to a monthly post this year entitled Crocheting the weather.
We will taking from December 24, 2015 to January 1, 2016 off from our regular posting to take time to write, research, photograph and relax with family.
We will continue to post 5 minutes of my day through out this time.
Merry Christmas from James, Emily, Ruth Grandpa Snyder and me Grandma Snyder.