Macaroni, Tomato and Cheese
As the temperature dips and we scrape frost off the car, thoughts turn to comfort food and macaroni and cheese is on that list for our family.
- 1 ½ cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 1 ½ cup cubed Old Cheddar
- 2 cups dices tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons chia powder
- 1 package GF noodles – we use Red Lentil Fusilli from Homestyle
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions
- While the noodles cook mix ½ of the diced tomatoes/juice with the cheese. You can either melt the cheese in a pot over the stove or in the microwave.
- Mix the chia powder, chili pepper and turmeric in the remaining diced tomatoes
- Mix together the cooked noodles, melted cheese mixture and diced tomatoes and pour into a 9 x 11 baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 375 °F oven.
From our table to yours